Friday, February 1, 2008

Netflix is taking over my brain

I have a confession to make. I have a HUGE girl crush on Sarah Michelle Gellar. There, I said it. I also hate horror movies, so I have not seen her on the big screen in ages, since she's been doing those stupid scary Grudge movies. So I was really excited to order Suburban Girl on Netflix. Granted, it went straight to DVD, and granted Alec Baldwin is in it, I thought I'd take a chance. I don't really know whether I liked or hated it. I waver. I'm very disappointed in the fact that it could've been really good - the screen play was decent, I can see what they were trying to do, but it just did not work on screen. I have never seen 2 people have less chemistry than Sarah Michelle and the Baldwin. She was probably completely disgusted at having to make out with a bloated oaf. Hence the lack of screen chemistry. But isn't this something the movie people should've screen-tested before production? Lame. And oh, Hollywood? Just for future reference, Alec Baldwin is great in 30 Rock - precisely b/c he plays a bloated oaf, and he's got great comedic chops. But the time of casting him as a leading man is OVER (if there ever was such a time at all). So just stop.

1 comment:

faithsalutes said...

This makes me physically ill.