Monday, January 7, 2008

Here we go again

...and I'm back. Sorry for the lack of posting lately, but I've been in the black hole of laziness that is my parents' house in the Bay Area. Let me sum up my vacation. Sleep - eat - read - eat - sleep - eat - read etc. I didn't even watch TV! Oh how I needed that. School starts on Tuesday, and I'm ready to get my last semester over with...and I'm mentally preparing for the Bar. Blah.
--------------------

There was ONE thing that happened over the last two weeks - I got a wedding dress! It was by sheer dumb luck. It was not what I was looking for, but apparently what I was originally looking for was a horrible idea. Which just goes to show you - gotta try shiz on. I would've never picked this dress based on what it looked like on the hanger. But now I can't imagine wearing anything else.

Ladies, I gotta tell you. This wedding dress search/try on extravaganza is crazy. Some salespeople take themselves VERY seriously. God bless the poor lady who almost wept as she forced a TIARA (!) on my head, and then a long veil. Y'all know me - do I look like I wear tiaras or veils???? I literally had to pry her hands off my head. When I tell you I don't want a tiara I mean it.

And one other thing I've learned from the experience - apparently when the salesperson asks you "what do you want to look like" the correct answer is "like a princess." That is the only acceptable answer. I guess everyone (except for me and at least one other very stylin' lady that I know, you know who you are) wants to be a freaking princess. Why, I have no idea. Can someone explain this to me? Is it Disney's fault? Daddy issues?
-------------------

Oh yeah. I can cross some stuff off my "to do/to see/to read" lists. Juno = awesomeness. Loved it. L-O-V-E-D. I finally read "Love in the Time of Cholera" and I don't see what the big deal is. I am a big fan of classic epic love stories, but this one just did not do anything for me. Sorry to Mr. Marquez, I hope he and his Nobel Prize for literature are very happy together.

3 comments:

faithsalutes said...

Juno was the best film I saw all year. I could not get enough of it. Sign up for Goodreads so we can swap book ideas. I cannot wait for you to come out here.

Your wedding dress: I think is so incredibly fantastic. I also would have never picked that out for you, but it makes your wedding seem like a Vogue fantasy.

Anonymous said...

Add me to the list of girls whose don't want to be a princess. I cannot agree with your review of dress shopping. It was so bad that I only went to three places and the first dress I was happy with was purchased!!!!

Bimbo Baggins said...

Yeah...they tried to do the whole tiara thing with me too...I was like, get your grimy hands off of my head. Also, what is up with the dress lady who comes into your room while you're getting dressed to help you...am I 5???