Friday, January 18, 2008

Project Awesome

I, like millions of other people, religiously watch Project Runway. Always. Every week. I DVR it, I watch it without commercial interruptions, sometimes I even watch it again. And I gotta tell you, this season has been less than impressive. I relatively like almost all of the designers, obviously some more than others. But there was no one I had super strong feelings about all season. And the clothes up until now have been sort of blah and disappointing. I think that is partly due to the fact that the challenges have been lame. Menswear? Who cares. Remaking fat-girl clothes? Stupid. The prom dress challenge could've been good, but the results (the clothes) were atrocious. Except for Sweet P's champagne silk gown (not shown).


(Photos courtesy of Bravotv.com)

And then they came up with THIS. When I heard that it was going to be an avant garde challenge, I knew it was sink or swim. If you can't pull this off, then you have no business calling yourself a designer. But holy shit! How freaking amazing was Chris and Christian's design? I literally gasped. So did Nina. I've never seen her gasp. And the girlies, Jillian and Victoria (who bugs the living crap out of me) did very well also. The coat is amazing! Finally, Project Runway is living up to its reputation. Here's hoping next week's challenge brings us something good!

Update: Forgot to mention that my usual M.O., when watching Project Runway is to sit on the couch, making snarky comments about what I'm seeing to my roommate, and if I'm really lucky, I bring in my laptop and shoot comments back and forth with Faithsalutes. Perfect way to spend the evening.

1 comment:

SGM said...

I missed the avant garde episode (damn my lack of tivo!) but Sweet P should have totally won the prom dress competition. LOVED that dress.