Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good thing I'm not an environmentalist

My dad has always said that I single-handedly keep printers in business. I think he's right. I spend so much freaking money on magazines that it's kind of sick. And I keep telling myself that I'll subscribe, saving myself tons of money, because who am I kidding - I'll still need my magazine fix. Exhibit A - my Barnes and Noble rampage today. But I am researching the cheapest subscriptions tonight. There are websites where you can get one for like $5-10 per year...I've done it before, and I'm about to do it again. The insanity stops NOW.
FYI - This is what I got:
1. US Weekly
2. Shop Smart (I'm pretty sure they won't be suggesting not buying magazines)
3. Self (because I have to get in shape for a wedding, and reading Self gets me motivated for at least one workout...small price to pay)
4. Weight Watchers (see above...this makes me not eat blocks of cheese for about 2 days)
5. Blueprint (Martha Steward publication...she bugs me)
6. Body + Soul (MS again)
7. Martha Stewart Weddings
8. Domino (love love love)

Update: I did it! I got literally probably 15 magazines...one year subscriptions...all for waaay under $100. Money well spent. If you wanna know how I did it ask me, I'll edumacate you.

No comments: