Friday, November 2, 2007

Wedding planning

As y'all know (my future family-in-law is psedo-southern, so I gotta get into the linguistic groove), I've recently been proposed to. And then promptly left to plan "the damn wedding" all by my lonesome. I'm not trying to be unromantic, that is literally what my adorable husband-to-be called our future nuptuals - "the damn wedding." Now anyone who knows Jonathan will instantly recognize that it's just his endearing way of speaking, and that he does not mean it in any negative way. But the words have been used, and now they've stuck. So "the damn wedding" it is.

I think it is also quite adorable that he thinks I'll have the entire thing planned by the time he gets back from Iraq in March. HA! Don't get me wrong, I like weddings, and planning, and pretty, fluffy things as much as the next girl, but I am also one of the most indecisive people you'll ever meet. So deciding, once and for all, what colors we'll use, what type of food to serve etc. is terrifying to me. I also sort of don't feel like the upcoming wedding is real, since Jon's not here to plan it with me. I know, I know, play the world's smallest violin for me....but it's the truth, and I have to get over it somewhat soon since we're getting married in the late summer/early fall. So watch for a lot of wedding extravaganza planning melt downs. Should be fun for the entire family.

No comments: