Friday, November 16, 2007

MJ

I love MJ. No, not Michael Jackson, not Mary Jane from Spiderman, and not even Michael Jordan. I love Marc Jacobs. There, I said it. I'm a Marc Jacobs consumer whore. I am one of those people who would buy almost everything he makes, yet at this point I can only afford the occasional accessory and/or clearance item. But I still drool. And Marc Jacobs perfume is now officially the only scent I have bought more than once, and will probably continue to repurchase. Above are some pics from the Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2008 line (photos by Marcio Madeira). Love it. But I do not love the grown up ready-to-wear line at all! Oh well, even MJ can have a "miss" season. I'm sure all the fashion editors really care what my opinion is of clothing that I will never ever be able to afford. But I still do not love it, and thought I would share my dislike here. I get that the clothes will look different in the stores, and I can usually "get" the concept and see what it will look like on normal people (OK, on normal celebrities). But this time I just don't see it. It looks like beat up Chanel. And Karl Lagerfeld already does beat up Chanel. I think Marc went crazy with that one. Some of it was almost pretty, but just blah.
I still love him though, and you can read more about him here, in the recent New York Times article.

No comments: