Thursday, November 15, 2007

No title

This is about that time of the year where my posts are going to start having a LOT of swearing in it. Or at least I'll be thinking a lot more swear words in my head when I'm typing them. Lets see here. We have finals in about 2 weeks. I have a trial on Monday I have yet to prep for, a law journal assignment due tomorrow, and several classes to cram for. One of such classes happens to be something I have yet to read for. Do you think it's too late? Yeah, me too.
--------------------

Our freaking DVR (it's like a Tivo) has been freaking out lately. If spazzed out last week and didn't record The Office, for which I will never forgive it. It also didn't record Gray's Anatomy, which was somewhat less sad. Today, it decided on a repeat performance and refused to record anything at all. In fact it refused to work. So now we just have regular TV. We get all the channels, but you can't switch between them by clicking around on the remote. Maybe it's the cable? Or a combination of the two? In either case this needs to get resolved. NOW.
--------------------

Thanksgiving is next week, and I've already been pigging out on pumpkin pie at every opportunity I get. Mmmmmm. This is the second year in a row when J's not going to be home for the holidays. And as much as it sucks for me, it will really suck for him, poor guy. They've promised him a Thanksgiving meal, and I'm pretty sure they will deliver, as long as his team isn't out on a mission at that exact time. Last year on Thanksgiving he got one of his only phone calls (the other one being Christmas) and he was so hoarse that I didn't recognize him at first. Plus we were both crying hysterically. Hopefully this year will be a bit better.

When he called me on Christmas day, I was home with the parents. My mom was very shocked by the fact that he called ME, and not his mom. I thought that was very funny because to me it was not shocking at all. I think that was when my parents finally realized how serious things have gotten. A lot of things happen in a year.

He's still waiting for the phones to be put in. They've been deployed for almost 3 months, and phone access is still miserable. Thank God for the Internet (I guess the entity I should really be thanking is Al Gore. Thank you Mr. Gore).
--------------------

My parents are going to Vegas the day after Thanksgiving. I am joining them for a couple of days, finals prep be damned. I will justify this by listening to my 10 hours of Wills and Trusts audio CDs, which will hopefully teach me Wills and Trusts. Yay me.

1 comment:

faithsalutes said...

I love reading your blog.