Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I actually liked something on sale...weird!

I cleaned out my closet about 2 weeks ago. And I mean CLEANED. Like there's nothing in there except empty space. I decided that I'm too old to own things I do not like, or have not worn in years. Hence the emptiness. I also decided that I will not buy things unless I absolutely love them. I will not buy stuff just because I want something new. I will not buy stuff just because it's cheap. I will buy stuff that I really like and will gladly wear. Only problem is that stuff I really like is also stuff I cannot afford. Which is why the closet is still empty - I've held up and not bought anything mediocre just because I need clothes. While at Target today buying printer ink and assorted odds and ends for a care package for Jonathan, I spotted the Alice Temperley rack. On which everything was on clearance - they're getting ready for Erin Featherston (I think). The only thing I liked is this dress....which was $27! And it fit...and it looks like Marc Jacobs (whom I love but definitely could not afford). Needless to say, it's mine :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I concur with the previous statments. I have a ton of random clothes I don't want to wear...but there are plenty of things in the JCrew catalog that I would love. I think you have a good idea